Pages - Menu

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Vintage sign hunting in California


The Christmas season is in full swing and the eat write create household is up to its eyeballs in holiday preparation. The tree is up and the wrapping is about to commence, baking will occur on the weekend. I have a brief moment now to catch my breath and am taking the time to share something I've meant to post for months now. Yes, this poor little blog has been ignored all year as the Captain and I embarked on many adventures, some small and some large. It's been a year full of ups and downs, but isn't that true of every year?

One of the highlights of the year was the very exciting adventure we had in California, where my photography was included along with works from my fellow Sign Geeks as I participated in my first-ever art gallery showing! Not even here in Canada, but in Los Angeles! The Captain and I spent a whirlwind week, flying first to Vancouver to visit family, then down to LA for an extraordinary long weekend that included the opening reception of our exhibit along with fitting in as much sign hunting as possible. From Burbank to Santa Monica, from North Hollywood to Pomona...we drove and drove and drove.

Above, just a drop in the bucket from the photographs I took. Two of my "bucket list" neon signs are shown: Circus Liquor and Premiere Lanes (the clown and the Bowl signs). I've admired them for years and wasn't leaving LA until I'd shot them!

2 comments:

Tom Williams said...


These photos are so pretty Maddy! The last one is my favorite. ?? Great photoshoot!

Clipping Solutions said...



I am so glad to visit this blog. This blog is really so amazing
Background Removal Service
Car Image Editing service
clipping path service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...