Pages - Menu

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Couch potato time



Do you subscribe to Netflix? The captain and I have been Netflix customers for about a year now and while we don't actually watch it often, we appreciate its service. We do think the Netflix offerings in the US are superior, with such a greater variety of shows and movies, but we're not unhappy with Netflix Canada. And now we're even happier.

Earlier today, on a whim, I logged into Netflix to see if they're offering Call the Midwife yet. This is a British series that Leslie told me about last year -- the first two seasons of it were on Netflix US but not here in Canada. After reading online this morning that the series was into its third season, I tried to find it on PBS On-Demand but it was not listed. So, expecting disappointment, I pulled up Netflix Canada and lo and behold, there was Call the Midwife, seasons one and two! I was very pleased. I also found Downton Abbey on Netflix Canada (I'm probably the last person on the planet who hasn't watched this series yet), as well as many of the wonderful Ken Burns documentaries.

Now we just need to stock up on snacks and we're all set!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...