Pages - Menu

Monday, June 14, 2010

What's a birthday without cake?

Yes, tomorrow (the 15th) is my birthday. And, yes, I've already had cupcakes. And I hope more are to come!

Those yummy treats you see in the photo are from my local cupcake bakery, Life is Sweet. The captain and I had our son and his girlfriend over for dinner yesterday and I wanted to use my new Martha Stewart cupcake stand. So I bought an excessive amount of cupcakes! My excuse? The stand holds 24 and I wanted it to be full....

My favourite Life is Sweet cupcake is their lemon version, with its secret lemon curd interior, but the mango tea cupcake with lime icing rocks too! As does their butterscotch cupcake. And there's there's good ol' chocolate. And vanilla.

What's your favourite cupcake?

11 comments:

Lost Aussie said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow! Those cupcakes look absolutely delicious!

Carmi Cimicata said...

Happy Birthday!

nacherluver said...

Happy Birthday! The cupcakes are lovely :)

nancy said...

happy, happy b-day!
try not to eat the whole tray!
save one for me!

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Happy Birthday! It's TODAY!!

I too love cupcakes, but I can never have a favourite. Out my way, Swirls is the best purveyor of these sweet treats. I normally go for all things chocolate, but they have such lovely summer tastes that it's hard not to have the strawberry with the berry in the middle, or the lemon, or the coconut....then again the red velvet cannot be missed. That's why you just have to have a dozen...or two. Love the stand :)

Bea said...

Well, HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
I hope you have many friends and family in to share those wonderful looking cupcakes with you. I'm a basic chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing kind of girl. :)Bea

Diane O. said...

Yum, yum. Cupcakes are a great idea, this way you can have many flavors. My favorite....I'm partial to chocolate, german chocolate and carrot cake. Of course there is lemon and regular old vanilla....I like them all!

Irene said...

Happy Birthday, so glad you got to use your new stand.

Expressions of Glory said...

Belated birthday wishes, Lenore, hope it was a great day.

Just figured out who you are - I was in the January class with you and loved your work there. Have enjoyed Feb, May and June classes MUCH more!

Glory

Susan Williamson said...

Happy Birthday Wonder Girl! May there be endless delicious cupcakes in your future ...both digital and edible.

I need orange said...

Happy Birthday!

I am taking Marie's online class, too! :-)

I was out of town last week, so am a late starter.

I, too, have been using photoshop(elements) for a long time, but just watching the first video yesterday evening I thought "Hey! You can do THAT? Who knew????" more than once.

I know I am going to learn a lot, and am excited about jumpin in!

Hope to make great strides toward catching up over this coming weekend!

Oh, yeah, my favorite cupcake at our local cupcake place is carrot cake with cream cheese frosting....

:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...