Pages - Menu

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Scenes from a garden

These photographs were not taken today. Today, it's dull and damp here in Toronto. It's rained most of the day, with grey skies and a chill in the air. Sock weather.

But yesterday .... yesterday, when these photos were snapped in my backyard, was a glorious spring day. Brilliant blue sky, lots of sunshine, warm enough for short sleeves and no socks.
But that was then and this is now. As I hop around the blogosphere I've noticed numerous garden photographs and felt it was my turn to contribute to this wealth of colour. My peonies are lovely but on the wane, the wild white rose is looking good, and my two climbing roses are full of buds and blooms. You may notice grape leaves here; the grapevine has a mind of its own and I fear it is taking over. It wouldn't be the first time. And unseen are the Queen Anne's Lace that seems to be everywhere this spring, plus the $%!#@! goutweed that has been my enemy since moving here almost 18 years ago. I simply cannot get rid of the goutweed! If you've been successful in banishing it from your garden, please let me know the trick!

5 comments:

Bea said...

Look at that big bee butt in that flower! lol I bet he's happy. It funny when I take pictures sometimes I'm so focused on the flower I don't even see the butterfly or bug that is visiting it. My peonies were really pretty this year but short season with all the heavy duty rain we had and the hot early weather. Everything seems out of sorts in the garden. :)Bea

Leslie Jane Moran said...

While all this rain has been wonderful for luxuriant growth, it has indeed expanded the Queen Anne's Lace AND the GOUTWEED! My neighbour thinks it's a lovely edging, hence all my efforts to get it out of my garden are for naught. I have given up the battle.

Michelle Palmer said...

So very beautiful~ each year I find something even more pretty than the summer before!

Heatherfeather said...

Such pretty, vibrant colors. I remember as a kid I used to pay with the peony petals that had fallen - we had tons of them.

Heatherfeather said...

erm oops to the above... play*, not pay.. although petals for currency doesn't sound like such a bad idea ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...