Pages - Menu

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

One of those days

ossington flora

Did you ever have one of "those days"? Of course you have, we all have. Today is one of those days for me. One step forward, two steps back. Delicious food, yucky food. Printed photos that turned out better than expected; printed photos that didn't live up to expectations. Unannounced changes to Yahoo Mail that I neither like nor want, yet are not reversible. And perhaps most annoying, soaking wet hair and a formerly reliable blow dryer that suddenly stops working after only a minute -- and then, alarmingly, smells like smoke. Nothing dramatically awful, just one of those days.

A smidgen of self-doubt always creeps in during a down time, especially concerning the aforementioned photographs, so at times like this I typically turn to my Flickr account to look for some cheer. I have a large body of work there and, every now and then, it's nice to read appreciative comments on my artwork from total strangers. An online pat-on-the-back, I guess.

kodak

Have you seen the redesign of Flickr? It's now drastically different. I've decided I like the look but it's been frustrating relearning some of the basic functions. I've been with Flickr for many years and could navigate the site and my account with ease. Until recently. Heck, the first time I signed in after the redesign, I couldn't even figure out how to sign out!

All the photos here are recent uploads I've made to my Flickr photostream. If you've never checked out Flickr, now's the time -- there used to be many differences between a paid account, which I have, and a free account but that's now gone with the wind. Now, the free accounts have tremendous features. Do check it out.

got the blues

2 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

As you are oft known to say "oh my stars!" I'm suffering from jet-lag, so after reading your post, I got totally distracted and instead of looking at Flickr, I clicked on your "eat" photo and think that you need the "better than cash brownies" :). I'm definitely going to make those.

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Yowsa! I first looked at this post on my iPad and forgot to comment on the new blogger header. I'm now on my computer and WOW! You did have quite a day missy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...