Pages - Menu

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Lake Effect Diner


This blog is named eat write create, but you'd be correct in assuming the focus on "eat" has been somewhat missing. Let's correct that now. The captain and I ate at a wonderful diner yesterday, one definitely worth a shout-out.

Do you ever watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network? The captain and I are regular viewers and have been to a few of the places featured in the show. And now we can add another one to the list.

When I saw the episode featuring The Lake Effect Diner in Buffalo, NY, I recognized it immediately -- we had driven by it before and I'd always wanted to give it a try. Yesterday morning, while we were driving down the highway headed for a day trip in Buffalo, we discussed where we would go for a late breakfast and the Lake Effect came up in the conversation. So, after crossing over into the U.S., we headed straight there.

Unfortunately, I took no pictures of the food, but I did capture some iPhone photos both inside and outside. It's a very cool old diner car that is extremely photogenic.

As for the food, it was wonderful. The captain ordered a seemingly standard breakfast item, bacon and eggs. But -- oh! -- that bacon. The captain generously shared some with me and I can report it was thick and meaty, with a slight hint of maple. Delicious. As for me, I ordered the eggs benedict. Homemade hollandaise, perfect peameal. Yum!

The menu covers breakfast, lunch and dinner and the desserts sound wickedly good. Apparently, they make a banana split with deep-fried bananas. We will have to return soon to try that!



3 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Pick me up on your way by next time!

Lost Aussie said...

Lovely images, looks like a neat place to dine!

Susan Williamson said...

Great photos, and may I add that you've also left me hungry for an all-day breakfast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...