Pages - Menu

Friday, June 26, 2009

Holed up with heat rash



Yesterday was our day at DisneyWorld -- to be specific, the Magic Kingdom. This was our umpteenth visit to "the happiest place on earth" but the first with our son as a grown-up. We had a spectacular day, with the highlight being a character dinner featuring Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and my absolute favourite, Eeyore. And our son and his girlfriend even arranged for a birthday cupcake, complete with candle, to be delivered to our table after dinner. So thoughtful and SO special!

What wasn't so special though, was coming back to the condo and discovering a hideous heat rash on my lower calves. Bright red in colour and absolutely startling. After some internet research we've determined it's something commonly referred to as "golfer's vasculitis". I even saw it called "Disney rash" at one site! Fair-skinned people are particularly susceptible and it occurs when walking and/or standing extensively in hot, humid weather. Which perfectly describes yesterday. Ah well, our shopping plans for today were squashed to try to keep me off my feet as much as possible and, instead, I am enjoying a bit of luxury, laying on the sofa with my legs raised and cold compresses applied. Yes, this is rough, staring out at the ocean waves and relaxing!

I had time for a little more photoshop fun due to this unexpected self-imposed laziness, too. Above, the carousel in Fantasyland. Below, my friend Eeyore.

2 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

aaahhhhh.....adorable.

Anonymous said...

I've had that exact rash twice this summer. It never itched but it did take about a week to go away. I basically just ignored it..I do hate the way it looks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...