Pages - Menu

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Touring Tybee Island



The captain and I headed out to Tybee Island this morning, a small island just east of Savannah -- a very short drive, about 20 minutes or so. I don't think a lot of people realize that if they just head outside of historic downtown Savannah, they can be on an ocean beach so quickly.

Tybee Island is a charming beach community complete with a classic old lighthouse. Yes, I took lots of photos. There are many lighthouses up and down the Atlantic coast but this is the first I've had the opportunity to photograph. We were in our hotel room fairly early this evening so I've had time to play around in Photoshop, as you can see. Above I've posted both the original photo and the altered version, going for a hand-drawn, hand-coloured effect. Click on them to see them a bit bigger. I didn't quite achieve my original intent but I do like the results.

And would you believe it? More seafood today -- we had lunch at a small cafe/bar we found on the main drag on Tybee, a place called Sting Ray's. The captain had a shrimp Po'Boy sandwich and said it was wonderful; I had the fish Po'Boy, made with the catch of the day, grouper. Talk about fresh! My sandwich was out of this world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...