Pages - Menu

Monday, January 26, 2009

Bonaventure cemetery


Today I finally had the opportunity to spend some time in Savannah's famous Bonaventure Cemetery. Last January we attempted a visit, but arrived at the gates just as it was closing. If you're like me and enjoy roaming through historic graveyards, then Bonaventure is a must-visit -- and give yourself some time to fully explore the grounds. The captain and I spent 90 minutes there and I know we didn't see all the areas.

All told, I took more than 400 photographs today, many of them at Bonaventure. Above is just a wee taste of what I saw there; this lovely weathered angel with the star atop her head was a real find. I particularly like the dripping moss, a frequent sight in this cemetery. I enjoyed the post-processing on this photo but would have liked more time with it -- our evening was also filled with dinner at Paula Deen's restaurant, The Lady & Sons, along with packing up (we leave for Florida tomorrow) and making sure we didn't miss the latest episode of House. Crazy busy day, and evening. After I get more settled I can promise you that many of the photos I took at Bonaventure today will make their way to my Flickr site!

1 comment:

Susan Williamson said...

Gorgeous photo! It looks like the cover of one of Ann Rice's novels set in New Orleans. Very moody and atmospheric.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...