Pages - Menu

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008


In complete honesty, I am glad that 2008 is almost over. The year had its good points for sure -- every year has its highs and lows. But when you wake up one morning and your household is its normal, happy place and then a mere 12 hours later your world is falling apart ... well ... that's pretty low. The loss of our beloved Terra to cancer, an illness we had no idea she had, was such a gut-punch. I will be glad to put the year behind me and look forward to a brighter future in 2009.

Above is a collage I did earlier today using some of my favourite photos from 2008. There's Terra and Gizmo, of course; our son Rob and his girlfriend, Joanna; me and the captain; the captain's mom, sister Heather and her hubby, Mike; the birthday cake we got our son this July; the flowers Heather sent me for my birthday in June; and three photos taken down in Florida in February, including a spectacular sunrise one morning. These photographs all represent what was good about 2008 and what I want to remember about this year. I don't want to close the year with negativity but with this collage of what matters to me and with it, a wish and a hope for a peaceful and happy 2009 filled with love -- not just for my family, but for all of us.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has read my blog this year, either actively or occasionally. I truly appreciate it.

2 comments:

Susan Williamson said...

I'm with you about 2008. I am really glad it's now over. For me it was my most difficult one yet, but here's hoping that you and I have a great 2009.

amycaseycooks said...

I wish you joy and happiness in the new year!! Your collage is beautiful - a wonderful way to remember 2008.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...