Pages - Menu

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Caribbean fast food


I don't recall if I've participated in the Shutterday Saturday photo challenge before, but I have a contribution today. The theme is "shack" and when I read that, I immediately thought of the bus tour the captain and I had on St. Martin/St. Maarten last year. The island is 50% French, 50% Dutch -- and 100% beautiful. I had a window seat and a brand new camera (have a look at Unpredictable Art for another St. Martin picture and you can read about the fun I had travelling with a spankin' new camera). I was snapping pictures like mad through the bus window, convinced that I was wasting my time -- none of them would turn out, I was sure -- but still not able to not take pictures. I'm like that. I'd have been the perfect photographer on Seinfeld; I'll take pictures of nothing and be happy.

It was a pleasant surprise when just about all of those photos turned out, most even in focus! Pretty impressive for photos taken on a bumpy bus ride. I remembered driving by many fast food shacks and was sure I'd photographed at least one of them. And I had. This photo was taken on the Dutch half. I don't know when I'll ever make it back to St. Martin, but if I do I know I'll be taking several hundred pictures again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...