Pages - Menu

Monday, May 12, 2008

Illustration Friday: Electricity


What if time is running out?


I finally did it. I took on the Illustration Friday challenge and created an original digital collage on this week's theme, Electricity. The title of my piece, "What if time is running out?", refers to the possibility that electricity might one day, well, run out. A sombre interpretation for me. Unusual.

What a challenge this was, as this is not how I typically create art. It was so against my grain, having to work on a particular theme instead of going where my mood takes me. Even so, this piece started out drastically different than what you see above. Over the weekend, the piece just got darker and darker, both in colour and in mood, surprising me every step of the way. Today, I worked on it at length and am now quite happy with the results. And I look forward to tackling future Illustration Friday themes as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to IF! And a darn fine collage to! Like the transparency of the images used, especially the clock in the middle.

Michele said...

That is so cool! I'd love to learn how to manipulate digital images.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...