Pages - Menu

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Saturday in the city

We typically are out and about on weekdays, not weekends. But today we needed to venture out to the local electronics store, so decided to also head uptown to try a bbq restaurant we read about in the local newspaper. But the traffic! Horrendous. How do people who work M-F 9-5 handle the weekend hustle and bustle?

But the trip was worth the traffic. Memphis Style Smokehouse gets top marks from us. We got to the restaurant at that awkward time you could call either a late lunch or early dinner. The place only had two other tables on the go, which I often take as a bad sign. But it was pouring rain as well as an odd time to be dining. We both had pulled pork sandwiches, which were tender and moist. Delicious! A side of baked beans were ordinary but were vastly improved with the addition of some of the barbecue sauce found on the table. The ribs I spied as they passed me on the way to another table looked (and smelled) divine. On the drive home we both agreed that we would definitely return. If you're anywhere near uptown Toronto, do check it out. Here's the link to the restaurant review that originally piqued my interest: http://www.thestar.com/living/Restaurants/article/339416

My relationship with Windows Vista is on an even keel. I'm getting quite used to the differences between it and XP. I've been spending more time playing in Photoshop and less time exploring my operating system. And that's a good thing.

I messed about with the gradient tool today. Who knew it produced so many different effects? I didn't. Here's just one of my experimentations.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...