Art Creations Friday challenge image, a gorgeous texture. Today I took a few pictures of Tippi with my new iPhone. And this afternoon I decided to combine the challenge image with one of those iPhone images; results, above.
The technique was not complicated. First, I squared off the photograph of Tippi, then made some curves adjustments, lightened the photo and boosted the contrast. I then made some additional colour adjustments, just minor ones, using the Color Balance command. Next, I applied the Pioneer Woman's Vintage action and brought the opacity of that down to 80 percent. I then placed the ACF texture on top and chose the Saturation blending mode at 100 percent. Lastly, I merged the layers together and used a clipping mask I found online (unfortunately, I don't remember where) to soften the edges and round out the corners.
I have been under the weather for the past couple of days; possibly a mild case of food poisoning although I suspect a glass of merlot I had Wednesday night is the true culprit. Today is better although not yet normal; it was good to have enough energy/concentration to get in some photoshopping!