Pages - Menu

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Autumn Colour Week: brown


Poppytalk's Autumn Colour Week is drawing to a close; today is brown day, tomorrow, red. I have tried to be very faithful to the theme, choosing not only photographs that feature the specified colour-of-the-day but also using photographs taken only in September, October or November. Monday's yellow sunflowers were photographed last September; Tuesday's spiderweb with green trees as well as yesterday's orange pumpkin were both photographed in September of this year. Today's brown table and chairs were photographed last September as well. Hmmmm. It seems October and November -- the two true autumn months -- have yet to be represented. I shall try to correct that tomorrow.

These brown chairs caught my eye when we visited Port Dalhousie last September, on a visit to Anna Olson's bakery, located in a small indoor shopping area across the road from this street-side seating. The captain had family visiting from the Yukon who were delighted to tour the Niagara-on-the-Lake area and didn't want to miss this Food Network star's bakery and store. I haven't been back to the area since and this photograph now has me thinking that, since it's harvest time, a return visit is in order. I think a wee road trip is in my future!

1 comment:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Oh this is so weird. My word verification is "Succa"....I guess a trip to Anna's is in order. I'd love to sit there and have anything "Sugar". Say the date!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...