Pages - Menu

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The EYES have it


The mailman brought me a wonderful treat just a few days ago: the latest Photo Arts journal. The theme was Eyes and, as always seems to be the case for me, I had trouble deciding what to submit. I had so many choices, but during the process of trying to narrow it down to one appropriate image, I found myself where I often find myself, looking through the photographs I've taken in Savannah, Georgia. I am always drawn to the pictures I've taken there.

For the Eyes journal, I decided to focus on little Gracie Watson's eyes (no pun intended, really). Above is a larger view of the statue at her gravesite, while below are the front and back of my Eyes contribution. Please make sure you read what I wrote on the back (clicking on it to make it larger will help).

At the risk of repeating myself (I'm sure I've said this before here on my blog): if you ever go to Savannah, do not miss Bonaventure Cemetery. Even if you typically don't visit graveyards when on vacation, this one is a must.



FRONT





BACK


2 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Poor Gracie.

Susan Williamson said...

What a fabulous photo. Not only are her eyes haunting, but Gracie seems to be alive. That was probably what the sculptor intended. All I can think is: Gracie, I'd like to write the story of your life as if you were still around.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...