Pages - Menu

Monday, July 7, 2008

Sleepless in Toronto


I actually laughed out loud when I saw Moody Monday's "sleepless" theme. Hello? Welcome to the story of my life. Those of you who sleep well, who can fall asleep quickly and then stay asleep? If only you knew how lucky you were.

I have had an insomnia problem ever since I can remember; even in elementary school I remember being awake well into the night on many occasions. And by the time I got to high school, it was a regular thing. I am just not a good sleeper. And of course, the captain can drink a dozen cups of coffee then lay his head on his pillow and be instantly asleep. Aaargh! Some nights I count; I never get to sixty seconds before I know he's sound asleep.

But for a brief shining period of time, I slept great. I took the above picture of the moon standing on the balcony of the Florida condo we rented back in February. Amazingly, while there, I actually slept better than I ever remember. I would fall asleep fairly quickly (for me), then sleep all night and even better, wake up early in the morning feeling refreshed. I wanted to get out of bed. It would be early in the morning and I would feel all bouncy and alert. It was a bloody miracle. It showed me what life could be like. Unfortunately, the wonderful sleeping disappeared as soon as we left the condo. Is it any wonder I am so looking forward to returning?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh that must be hard...when I finally hit the pillow I am out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...