Pages - Menu

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hiding from the humidity



It's stinkin' hot here in Toronto. Now, I'm not complaining -- I'll take too hot over too cold any day. It's just that it's really humid too. And I hate breathing that humid air; it always seems that the simple act of breathing is just so damn hard when it's humid. So I've been hiding out inside, catching up on programs that I've dvr'ed and having some photoshop fun. The captain is at work every evening right now, so that's how I've been amusing myself. He's been working on our pool every morning and I'm delighted that the new filter seems to be working and it no longer looks like we have a cesspool in the back yard. Now I have to get rid of all the weeds that have taken over the garden!

The two collages above are the result of my playing around in photoshop. Each involve many layers, each a different photograph from my vast portfolio, coupled with blending modes, as well as filters and adjustments and brushes. Lots of fun! The first I call Gizmo's Collage for the obvious reason that it features Gizmo, our cat. The second I'm calling Grandmother's Apron as it just reminds me of an old-fashioned apron. I think it's the pansy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are really cool!

Lost Aussie said...

Glad I am not the only one hiding inside and playing photoshop :-)
These came out great!
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...