Pages - Menu

Friday, May 30, 2008

Purple and Orange


This week's challenge over at Inspire Me Thursday is purple and orange. I can't resist using a poppy photograph I already have; it's one of my favourites. The summer of 2005 was a good one for my gardens; I especially love that this poppy was a "surprise" that year -- I never planted it and so it became my mystery flower. A gift from a passing bird, perhaps?

On another note, the update on my son's missing record bag is that, well, there is no update. Nothing has turned up yet. I must say that I am so proud of my son -- he's quickly moving forward on the whole situation and not wallowing in his misfortune whatsoever. He has already started to replace some of the missing items. The good news on that front is that one album that had taken him a whole year to hunt down -- one of the ones we figured would be impossible to replace -- was found just yesterday at some obscure record store in Europe that sells online. Hooray for the internet!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poppy! The way you cropped the photo, it looks like a heart!

Bridal Magic said...

It does look like a heart! Such rich colors. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

krysta said...

i love orange and purple together. good job.

Tammie Lee said...

How wonderful that the poppy simply showed up! Good chance it will year after year now. I guess you and I had the same inspiration. I also posted a poppy picture.

Amber said...

What a bright and happy surprise. It really stands out and makes a "here I am. look at me" statement.

Valaine said...

I love the brilliant colors,
they poppy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...