Pages - Menu

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sweet Eleven

january 2011


It's 2011. Let's start it off the right way, with something sweet -- sweet potato pie!

I devoured this yummy piece of pie at Matthews Cafeteria in Tucker, Georgia; that was the very first restaurant the captain and I ticked off our Diners, Drive-ins and Dives must-try list, almost two years ago now. I'll never forget that visit as it was early March and the entire town had just had a major snowstorm. (I blogged about it HERE.) Tucker is just outside of Atlanta and I never thought I'd see such a wintry scene there. I actually went looking through the Tucker photographs for some lovely icicle shots I knew I took then, thinking those appropriate for January's calendar page, but I stopped when I saw the pie photographs and instantly knew I'd much rather start the year with something soft and sweet than something sharp and cold.

As always, just click on the image above to be whisked away to its home on Flickr, where you can download the size of your choice. The "original" size is a high-resolution full-page (8-1/2x11) image, perfect for printing. I hope you enjoy it and I apologize in advance if I've spoiled anyone's dieting resolution!

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy New Year, Lennie. Wish I could do a Drive-Ins, Diners and Dives. But it would conflict with my starvation diet.

Leslie Jane Moran said...

I'm starting my diet on Monday. I always start diets on Mondays. Seems like a good thing to start off the new year with, but then again, sweet potato pie!

My word verification is "indedis"...I'm reading yes indeedy do! EAT PIE that is :)

Susan Williamson said...

Oh this one is special! Soft and sweet is definitely the way to start 2011.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...