Pages - Menu

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Got any quarters?






I love roadtrips. You just never know what's going to happen or what you're going to discover. Like today. This morning we decided we would take I-75 only as far as Knoxville, TN, then veer east on I-40 to drive through the Smoky Mountains. That was the plan and all was going well, until we saw the sign that I-40 was closed completely at a certain point and we would have to detour. We are always up for an adventure and the detour wasn't too bad, costing us perhaps 45 minutes or so. We are not on any particular timetable so we didn't care. It was interesting to drive through the Smokies on a different route too. However, the clouds were SO LOW at one point that we were in them -- talk about having no view!

After that skyhigh adventure, we decided to call it a day here in Asheville, NC. Since we had a very large lunch at a chain restaurant in Georgetown, KY, called the Golden Corral (a buffet with, I swear, every food known to mankind, including -- joy of joys -- red velvet cake), the captain and I decided on a small dinner. Waffle House was nearby, so in we went. And what do I spy but this very cool jukebox. In Waffle House!

The captain and I thought about sharing a dance or two -- our wedding dance is one of those songs, y'know; can you guess? -- but in the end I just took photographs. Of course.

5 comments:

Irene said...

Happy Anniversary, and do have a dance.

Leslie Jane Moran said...

I'm going to guess "Can't help falling in love with your" If it wasn't that one then, it probably is that one now! Happy Trails kids!

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Make that "you"....oops

nancy said...

is it 198?
mine was 197!!!

martha brown said...

My guess would be "When a Man Loves a Woman" ... although mine would have been " come on Baby, Light my Fire"... I never had a wedding song.... neither time......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...