Pages - Menu

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Too shy


I haven't participated in the Moody Monday challenge for quite some time; the site appeared to be down for several weeks and, frankly, it ended up totally off my radar. But I was checking all the challenge sites today to see what the various themes were this week and was pleasantly surprised to see that Moody Monday is again up and running. And when I saw this week's theme, "shy", I immediately thought of the photograph you see here.

Last year, while visiting Pittsburgh, I took several photographs of the old Hotel Praha in Tarentum, a borough (spelled "boro" in the U.S., by the way) just outside of the city. The hotel features a popular evening nightclub and was rumoured to have the best burgers you could find for miles. I wasn't there to sample the menu though; I wanted photographs. I did notice I was being watched from within as I wandered around outside the building, aiming my camera high and low, but my admirer (?) would only give me a wave of a hand, refusing to show his face. Too shy? I did give him a "thank you" shout-out for the wave, though. The captain and I were quite amused and now when I see this photo, it's a pleasant reminder of a great day in Pennsylvania.

3 comments:

Irene said...

makes for an interesting shot as well.

Unknown said...

This is a lovely photo.

Moody said...

How nice of you to join us again.. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...