Pages - Menu

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dipping into forgotten files


Time for another trip down memory lane, photoshoppically speaking. (I made up a new word! Yay me.)

Anyway. A couple of days ago I started looking through a folder on my computer, 2008 Projects. Sounds straightforward, right? It is, but it's a folder that's jampacked with files, all photoshop projects I started in 2008. Many of them are finished projects but in browsing through the contents, I discovered several pieces of art that had been started and then abandoned. Forgotten. Poor things. I completed four of them to my satisfaction and posted them up at Flickr (a beach scene, a downtown Toronto church, Savannah's Johnson Square and S&P shakers I spied at my local A&W), but the above piece of art has just flat-out been eluding me. Everything I did to her, didn't work.

Finally, today, this afternoon, I made a couple of minor adjustments and those two little tweaks seemed to make it work for me, at last. The original photograph, unrecognizable now, was of a stone statue in a Buffalo cemetery, photographed in June, 2007. Just goes to show...no matter how long ago I took a photo, I'll get to it eventually.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...