Pages - Menu

Monday, November 24, 2008

How to spend a Sunday afternoon


It's always a good day when I can spend it both creating and watching my favourite football team, the Buffalo Bills, win big. And that was my yesterday: the Bills beat up on the Chiefs and I tackled a project I had never tried before, memory wire jewellery.

My girlfriend Lori is a memory wire expert. Last weekend I saw some of her creations and played with her memory wire a bit, which made me realize that I wanted to make some memory wire jewellery myself. So a trip to Michaels was called for and memory wire was purchased.

This stuff is a dream! I made up three sets of bracelets with matching earrings and I've already added an additional set to that group today. I have been concentrating solely on digital art for the past several months so it was very refreshing to tackle an art project that was hands-on.

The above photo is, I admit, not that great but you should see the bracelet in person ... it's so pretty! Oval glass pearls, silver spacers and purple glass beads were all it took; I'm still trying to decide whether or not to dangle a charm from the end of the bracelet. Decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

Susan Williamson said...

What a gorgeous bracelet. It's obvious you can now add jewelry-making to your arsenal of creative techniques!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...